Lasagna is well-loved for having al dente pasta, juicy beef, and gooey cheese layered in one dish. You get everything in one bite without having to twirl the pasta and possibly make a mess.
It’s also easy to experiment with different variations of this pasta dish, like swapping the beef with vegetables. We’ve established before how cheese and veggies go well together, and this is no exception.
Ellen Adarna recently shared her healthy home recipe on Instagram Stories. She might not be a huge fan of the all-greens dish, but it’s still a great post-workout meal.
- 3 to 4 sheets lasagna pasta (swap with zucchini strips if you want it low-carb)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 jars pasta sauce
- Green beans
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup minced onions
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- Ground chicken (optional)
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes or until it’s al dente. Rinse with cold water and drain.
2. Chop the vegetables and mix them in a bowl. Add more of your preferred vegetables if needed.
3. Pour tomato sauce and add minced onions and garlic in a saucepan. Stir and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
5. Start layering! Brush tomato sauce on the bottom of a greased baking dish. Put 1/2 lasagna noodle, vegetable mixture, and shredded mozzarella. Repeat process until dish is filled.
6. Sprinkle more cheese on top of the last layer.
7. Bake lasagna for 40 minutes. Make sure the cheese is melted and has a gold-brown colour.
8. Let it rest for 15 minutes after baking and serve.
Purchase this article for republication.
Published at Sat, 22 Jul 2017 07:15:00 +0000