Stop chasing after the best street food; make it at home. This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
Course: Main Dish
Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- 200g savoury radish cake (lobak koe)cut into small cubes (store-bought)
- 1tsp garlicchopped
- 1tbsp preserved radish (choy poh)finely chopped
- 1tbsp oil
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1 – 1 1/2tbsp chilli paste
- 1handful beansproutstailed
- 5stalks Chinese chivescut into sections
- 4 – 5 prawnsshelled but keep the tails
- 2 eggs
- 2tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2tsp sugar
- 1/2tsp pepper
- Some sliced red chilli and chopped spring onion
- Heat oil and sesame oil in a nonstick wok or saucepan. Fry garlic, chilli paste and dried radish until fragrant.
- Add radish cake pieces and seasoning. Stir-fry briskly.
- Break in eggs followed by prawns. Toss and fry to combine. In between, sprinkle in a little water.
- Add chives, beansprouts and stir fry briefly. Dish out to serve with garnishing.
Purchase this article for republication.
Published at Sun, 30 Jul 2017 06:30:00 +0000