Everyone knows that water is the healthiest thing you can drink – but science suggests drinking from plastic water bottles might not be the best thing for you or the environment for these reasons.
1. Bottles may expose you to bacteria
Bacteria may lead to the flu or other illnesses.
2. Bottled water is expensive
1,000 gallons of tap water is equal to the price of 1 bottle.
3. Carcinogens could result from their use
Many drinking sources contain chromium and nitrates.
4. Bottles can release harmful chemicals into your water
Bisphenol A (BPA) or bisphenol S (BPS) are dangerous chemicals.
5. Bottles are bad for the environment
Less than 1 per cent of plastic is recycled more than once.
Purchase this article for republication.
Published at Sun, 03 Sep 2017 00:00:00 +0000